USABILITY ENGINEERING LEAD
Permanent Full Time
Salary up to $150k (negotiable)
Are you looking for an Engineering Lead role with the flexibility of working from home? Our client is a technology driven company with a positive, high-achieving work culture, which partners with world-leading organisations to create game-changing, innovative products. This leading consultancy is now looking for a Usability Engineering Lead (may consider Freelance/part time) to ensure products developed are safe, efficient, compliant and enjoyable to use.
About the Company
My client is a fast-growing and successful Healthtech consultancy in the strategic innovation and advanced product development sector, providing commercialisation and manufacturing services to both start-ups and some of the world's top biomedical and hi-tech companies.
As Usability Engineering Lead, you will drive usability design on your projects with passion, standing by your sometimes tough design decisions and taking responsibility for outcomes, good or bad. You will guide the design, planning, testing and documentation of usability efforts across projects, ensuring products are safe, efficient, compliant and enjoyable to use. Influencing and collaborating effectively with the following teams: design; business development; product-market fit; project; technical and marketing, you will be seen by clients as a trusted advisor. Agile and adaptable, you will be able to respond well to change, navigating ambiguity with confidence and enthusiasm.
Skills and experience
With 8-10 years' experience in a similar role in a related industry (Human Factors engineering, Usability engineering, Industrial Design, User Experience design) you will have:
* Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate qualification in a related field (Human Factors engineering, Usability engineering, Psychology, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, Interaction Design, User Experience Design)
* Demonstrated experience in leading usability design, planning, testing and documentation on highly regulated medical products or products within other operation critical environments
* Knowledge and understanding of cognitive psychology and human factors principles
* Demonstrated experience with human centred design methodologies
* Demonstrated expertise with the IEC 62366 standard and developing usability engineering files for medical products
* Familiarity and compliance with international quality standards ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485 and FDR QSR regulations
* Adherence to OH&S requirements (safe use of potentially hazardous equipment, liquids etc.)
Placing high priority on a healthy work/life balance, the company offer employees flexible hours and wellness/sport/fitness packages. You will be working with hand-selected, bright people gathering deep market insights and developing a full spectrum of commercialisation capability to help the company build the future.
N.B. For this role they are offering the flexibility of a combination of working from home and from the office.
How to apply
Please note only applicants with full rights to live and work in Australia will be considered.
Any questions about this vacancy? Please contact Paul Surridge at RHL Recruitment, Sydney.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.