Acorn is seeking an experienced Head of Estates to work with the NHS in Barton Mills on a fixed term basis. The post holder will act as a single point of contact for day to day issues of estate capital procurement and with the Director of Strategy & Sustainability, will be responsible for the maintenance and development of a modern and flexible property portfolio that supports service delivery and patient care.
You will be a confident individual, able to provide expert advice regarding estate related matters to directors and senior managers.
* Lead the development and management of the Trust's Estates Strategy and the estate and physical environment
* Lead and support the Trust to manage compliance with estate/environmental-related statutory requirements and Department of Health guidance.
* Provide specialist advice concerning all estates and environmental matters.
* Ensure that maintenance works are carried out to an acceptable/satisfactory professional and technical standard, in compliance with statutory obligations and NHS guidance.
* Collect, collate and record statistical information in regard to the performance and efficiency of buildings, engineering, plant, equipment and estates services.
* Assist in the development of the Estates Strategy and the maintenance of estates records in accordance with the requirements of the Trust and national guidance.
* Contribute to and undertake the preparation of business cases, where requested.
* Produce Trust Board papers in relation to the progress and financial standing of estate capital schemes.
* Manage substantial budgets for provision of services. Control expenditure and manage resources in compliance with Standing Financial Instructions. Work closely with the finance function and internal audit for all areas of financial planning and control.
* Recruit, appoint, induct, train and manage the retention of staff, including leading interview panels, if required. Act as an assessor to other Trusts in relation to professional, technical and managerial performance.
* Appropriately high level qualifications in Business/Project or Financial Management
* Expert, technical understanding of the range of highly specialist Estates and Facilities Services provided within the healthcare community.
* Detailed understanding of project management, design and contractual processes including procurement methods such as PFI - LIFT - Procure 21.
* Detailed knowledge of estates performance metrics including carbon reduction and sustainability targets.
* Fully conversant with statutory requirements, NHS estates guidance, codes of practice and requirements of regulatory authorities.
* Ability to stimulate and support an open and inclusive working environment where integrity and respect are evident and highly valued
This is a full time temporary contract of around 6 months depending on business needs. It is a Band 8C role £30.19-£36.39 per hour.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceHead of Estates
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.