40 hours per week
£20,000 - £25,000 DOE
Are you an experienced Retail Manager looking for their next step? Are you sales and service focused? Are you responsible and enthusiastic? If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Acorn Recruitment is looking for an experienced candidate to take over a managerial role based in Combe Martin. The main objective of the role will be to run and develop the convenience store, ensuring it keeps up with growing take away food.
* The new convenience manager will primarily be responsible for maintaining strong sales growth.
* While other department heads will manage their own manning schedules to match their production needs, the convenience manager will oversee the full store schedule to ensure adequate manning.
* With the store already operating deliveries for Chinese and other production / and intending to offer delivery on future takeaway options. The convenience manager will work with the owner to consider the viability of a full delivery service from the store.
* The new convenience manager will be tasked with delivering a series of departmental initiatives to continue building sales from existing /new channels.
* The convenience manager will be responsible for all ordering (excluding takeaway foods).
* The manager will be responsible for managing pricing (currently semi-automated) and ensuring all price labelling is working.
* The manager will be responsible for operating a periodic promotion and recommending how to get the most out of seasons.
* While Combe Martin is not a high risk store, the manager will be expected to control theft.
* While the store currently trades 7-11 throughout the year the manager will need to review these hours as trends develop.
* A background in retail management, including experience of leading, coaching and developing a team, is essential.
If you feel your experience can fulfil this role and you are interested in working for a fantastic company, please send a recent copy of your CV to Caitlin.Wood@acornpeople.com, apply direct through the advert or call 01271 343222 and speak to Caitlin Wood for a confidential chat.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceRetail Manager, Convenience Manager, Retail, Retail Management, Management
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.