- Responsible for the quality, schedule, budget of the transmission line engineering deliverables
- Required to apply engineering stamp on the drawings
- Design high voltage transmission lines of 69kV to 500kV range
- Provide cost analyses, development of design criteria, routing and siting of transmission lines
- Work with experienced engineers and mentor less experienced staff
- Work with a diverse client base and interact with the client and other project teams
- Develop proposals and cost estimates for new work
- Work with vendors and clients to specify transmission line components
- Current PE registration in the US and ability to register in in the North-East US States
- Solid working knowledge of the PLS-CADD suite of design software tools and well versed in the design of wood, steel, and concrete pole structures
- Experience in lattice tower design a plus
- 5+ years of experience as a member of a project team in observing project schedules and budget constraints on diverse transmission assignments that have included the following:
- Transmission line design incorporating code requirements
- Transmission line routing
- Right of way selection, sag and tension, plan and profile
- Cost estimate development, schedule creation and coordination
- Preparation of specifications for procurement and construction of transmission lines
- High Voltage transmission line design experience, 69kV to 500kV
- HVDC transmission design experience is a plus
- Proficiency with any of the following programs: PLS-TOWER, SAG10, LPILE, MFAD, ArcGIS, CDEGS, AutoCAD, MicroStation
- Proficiency in writing and providing support documentation for engineering calculations
- Familiarity with design codes and standards: NESC, IEC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI, IBC, ASCE
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experiencetransmission, transmission line, t-line, routing, design, sag and tension, cost, construction, high voltage, design, HVDC, 69kV, 500kV, engineer, design, PLS-TOWER, microstation, autocad, arcgis, sag10, LPILE, MFAD, CDEGS, software tools, PLS-CADD,
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.